Avocado Protein Brownies
Brownies are such an indulgent and rich treat, but they don’t have to be an unhealthy or heavy one. You can make brownies that still taste incredible and have a beautiful gooey texture, but also give you a load of nutrients and feed your body with healthy proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals.
With this easy recipe, you will be able to treat yourself and your loved ones with delicious healthy brownies. The recipe uses avocado. The fruit (yes, avocado is a fruit) is rich in vitamins K, C, E, B5, B6 and folate, as well as the mineral potassium. 100g of avocado contains 15g of healthy fat (of which 10g are monounsaturated fats), it also does not contain any cholesterol, is low in sodium and rich in fibre (7g per 100g of avocado) to support the microflora and gut health.
These avocado brownies are an ideal low-carb snack, that will keep you full and satisfied until your next meal. They are great to take to work or to keep at home for a late night healthy treat. Best eaten with berries, yoghurt or just on their own.
- 2/3 Large Avocado
- 2.5 scoops of Chocolate Protein Powder (Awesome Supplements)
- ½ tsp Low-cal Sweetener of Choice
- 200g Egg Whites (Two Chick Products)
- 270g Fat Free Quark
- 18g Dehydrated Peanut Powder (Peanut Butter Hottie)
- 25g High Grade Cocoa Powder (Green and Blacks)
- Peanuts for topping (optional)
- Mash the avocado into a smooth puree or blend in a food processor.
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl, together with the avocado, but excluding the peanuts.
- Pour the mixture into an oven-safe baking dish and sprinkle a few peanuts on top (if you wish).
- Bake the brownie for 25-30 min at 200*C. The cooking time will depend on the size of your tray and how thick the mixture is distributed on the tray.
- Take out, leave to cool (can also be eaten warm), cut into squares and enjoy your delicious treat.